Grain-Free Apple Pecan Breakfast Bake
Who doesn’t love dessert disguised as a breakfast dish? Weekday mornings are often my favorite occasion for squeezing in a smoothie or veggie-packed omelette, but this apple pecan bake is a yummy option for cozy weekend breakfasts.
Serves: 8Serves: 8
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease an 8x8 baking pan with 1 Tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Combine apples and maple syrup in a medium saucepan, simmering over medium heat for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Measure pecans, brown sugar, remaining butter, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt into a medium bowl.
- Use a fork to begin mashing ingredients together, continuing to do so until mixture is crumbly and evenly combined.
- Using a slotted spoon to remove excess liquid, scoop apple mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecan mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until topping begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 23 minutes
8 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel