Grain-Free Apple Pecan Breakfast Bake
Who doesn’t love dessert disguised as a breakfast dish? Weekday mornings are often my favorite occasion for squeezing in a smoothie or veggie-packed omelette, but this apple pecan bake is a yummy option for cozy weekend breakfasts.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole organic Apple, diced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Pecans, chopped
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Nutmeg
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .33 cup .33 cup .33 cup Coconut Sugar, or light brown sugar
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease an 8x8 baking pan with 1 Tablespoon butter and set aside.
- Combine apples and maple syrup in a medium saucepan, simmering over medium heat for 5 minutes and stirring occasionally throughout. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Measure pecans, brown sugar, remaining butter, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt into a medium bowl.
- Use a fork to begin mashing ingredients together, continuing to do so until mixture is crumbly and evenly combined.
- Using a slotted spoon to remove excess liquid, scoop apple mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecan mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until topping begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.