Goji Berry and Hazelnut Cacao Truffles
These Goji Berry and Hazelnut Cacao Truffles are a spin off of the Cacao and Walnut Holiday Truffle recipe I shared a couple of months ago.
That recipe was originally inspired by the "Raw Chocolate Tart" recipe from the lovely Tabatha at Kitchen To Nirvana.
While the holiday truffle recipe was rolled in crushed goji berries, raw cane sugar and crushed pistachios for the colors of the season, these are just rolled in crushed goji berries which makes them perfect for a St. Valentine’s Day treat.
And since I had some crushed hazelnuts left over from my Hazelnut Caramel Clusters recipe, I used them instead of walnuts and added a few other changes like goji berries, maca powder and a little bit of coconut oil.
So here you have a quick and easy, raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, no bake and no refined sugar treat to enjoy!
Serves: 14 - 16Serves: 14 - 16
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the crushed goji berries: Put 2 tablespoons of goji berries in a coffee grinder (or food processor) and grind until they become a powdery consistency. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the truffles: Add all the ingredients for the truffles into a food processor and process until they are well combined and have a sticky texture.
- Prepare the truffles: Take out about a tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball shape in the palm of your hand.
- Assembly: Take each truffle and roll into the crushed goji berry powder and make sure they are completely covered.
- Assembly: Put them in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes, or until they become firm.
- Storage: Keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them because they will become soft and lose their shape if left out at room temperature.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes to 25 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 10 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel