Goat Cheese and Asparagus Quiche Cups
ready in:30 minutes
This delicious breakfast recipe comes straight from my new book, The Gluten-Free Revolution! I love preparing these quiche cups on the weekend to have on hand for a quick breakfast option throughout the week. Can't deal with dairy? Try subbing the goat cheese for an extra helping of veggies, like mushrooms or bell peppers. (Note that the prep and cook times for the quiche cups assume that you have already prepared the caramelized onions ahead of time. See the accompanying recipe for how to caramelize an onion.)
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Egg
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Egg Whites
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Water
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp 0.12 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, sliced and caramelized (see "Caramelized Onions" recipe)
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Asparagus, chopped
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by brushing with oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, water, sea salt, and nutmeg until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into each cup, filling about 3/4 full.
- Divide prepared caramelized onion, asparagus, and goat cheese evenly among muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan in oven, baking for 18 to 20 minutes, until tops of quiche cups turn golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 5 to 8 minutes before running a butter knife along the sides of each cup to loosen.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.