Gluten-free Chicken Pot Pie
These personal-sized pot pies are really cute and fun to make, however they are a little time consuming! This recipe is delicious, and very comforting.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 1 quart 1 quart 1 quart free range Chicken Broth
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Carrots, diced
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, diced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Green Peas, frozen
- 2.5 cups 2.5 cups 2.5 cups Gluten Free Flour (Better Batter), 2 tbsp for filling, 2.5 cups for crust
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Unsalted Butter, cold
- 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp 5 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water, cold water, plus 1 tbsp as needed to get the consistency right
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg, for egg wash (add a splash of water and whisk)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add the chicken thighs and chicken broth to a soup pot, and heat over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, celery, and onion to the pot, and stir to combine.
- Bring the chicken and vegetables to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium-low heat. Add the mushrooms, and stir to combine.
- Cook until the chicken can be shredded with a fork.
- While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, prepare the crust.
- Cube the cold butter, and add the flour and butter to a food processor. Pulse until the butter is crumbly.
- Add the palm shortening, salt, baking powder, and pulse again to combine.
- Add the cold water to the food processor, and pulse again until a dough has formed.
- Transfer the dough to a mixing bowl, and add additional cold water, 1 tablepsoon at a time, until the dough is able to be rolled without crumbling.
- Roll the dough into two balls, and wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until use.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and shred with a fork.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the soup pot, and season with the Garlic and Herb blend.
- Add the heavy cream, and two tablespoons of gluten free flour.
- Once the filling has thickened, add the frozen peas, and stir to combine. Allow to cook on medium low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the filling into personal size souffle dishes. We used ones that were about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Carefully place the dough over the top of the souffle dish (one at a time), and allow the excess to fall from the top.
- Slit the top of the crust in the center with a knife, to allow steam to come through.
- Brush with an egg wash, and bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until the crust is slightly golden.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week