Ginger-Lemon-Mint Gummy Squares
These are like that good ‘ole Jell-O you always crave! But minus all the artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives, of course! They are like the superfood superhero of all treats, with unbelievably healing powers. And man, oh man, are they refreshing!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Ginger Root, chopped and peeled (38 grams)
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Lemon Juice
- 20 whole 20 whole 20 whole Mint Leaves, fresh
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Water
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Beef, Great Lakes brand Unflavored Gelatin
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted (for greasing)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish with the melted coconut oil, and line the bottom of the dish with a square piece of parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except the gelatin and honey in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture until the mint leaves start turning brown, and the mixture reaches a boil. Let it boil for one minute, then remove from heat.
- Strain the mint, ginger, and out of the mixture, and into a large heatproof bowl, or glass measuring cup.
- Whisk in the gelatin slowly, until there are no lumps. Stir in the honey, and let the mixture sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Pour it into the baking dish, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until it jiggles, and is slightly firm to the touch.
- Cut the Jell-O into squares, and serve! Leftover squares should be stored in the fridge for up to three days (if they aren't eaten before then!)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.