German Sweet Potato Salad
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 5-6 minutes until they are fork tender, but not mushy.
- Drain the potatoes and run under cold water to chill.
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy and set the strips aside.
- Whisk the mustard, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar into the rendered bacon fat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the dressing.
- Crumble the reserved bacon strips and mix into the salad.
- Check the seasonings one more time before serving.
For best results, serve slightly warm.