German Sweet Potato Salad
ready in:40 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 10
- Total Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Protein: 0g
I really love German Potato Salad. Tangy, mustard-y, bacon-y goodness is always welcome to my palette! This has been gobbled up at barbecues all summer, and it will continue to be a delightful side dish through the fall!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 5-6 minutes until they are fork tender, but not mushy.
- Drain the potatoes and run under cold water to chill.
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy and set the strips aside.
- Whisk the mustard, maple syrup, and apple cider vinegar into the rendered bacon fat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes with the dressing.
- Crumble the reserved bacon strips and mix into the salad.
- Check the seasonings one more time before serving.
For best results, serve slightly warm.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.