German Chocolate Torte
Serves: 12Serves: 12
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- In a large mixing bow, combine eggs, maple syrup, pasture butter, and vanilla.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda to the bowl, and continue to blend until batter is smooth.
- Lightly grease a spring-form cake pan with butter, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Pour batter into the pan, and smooth the top with a spatula (this is a thick batter, so you will have to work with it slightly.)
- Bake chocolate cake for 30-35 minutes, and remove from oven to cool.
- To make the ganache: melt chocolate chips on low heat, stirring often.
- When chocolate is completely melted, add in the palm shortening, and stir until all is combined.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the whipped cream frosting: whip heavy cream in a kitchen mixer until stiff and fluffy.
- Fold in the coconut flakes.
- Once the cake has cooled, remove from pan and place on a platter.
- Slowly pour the cooled ganache over the cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to harden the ganache, while you make the whipped frosting.
- Remove cake from fridge, and top with the whipped frosting.
- Garnish with a drizzle of left over ganache if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 45 minutes to 50 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel