- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 whole 6 whole Pastured Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Palm Oil Shortening
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- In a large mixing bow, combine eggs, maple syrup, pasture butter, and vanilla.
- Blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda to the bowl, and continue to blend until batter is smooth.
- Lightly grease a spring-form cake pan with butter, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Pour batter into the pan, and smooth the top with a spatula (this is a thick batter, so you will have to work with it slightly.)
- Bake chocolate cake for 30-35 minutes, and remove from oven to cool.
- To make the ganache: melt chocolate chips on low heat, stirring often.
- When chocolate is completely melted, add in the palm shortening, and stir until all is combined.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the whipped cream frosting: whip heavy cream in a kitchen mixer until stiff and fluffy.
- Fold in the coconut flakes.
- Once the cake has cooled, remove from pan and place on a platter.
- Slowly pour the cooled ganache over the cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to harden the ganache, while you make the whipped frosting.
- Remove cake from fridge, and top with the whipped frosting.
- Garnish with a drizzle of left over ganache if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.