Gelato al Bacio (Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato)
ready in:20 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 3
- Calories: 286
- Total Fat: 24g
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 7g
Chocolate and roasted hazelnut gelato (Bacio) is a classic Italian ice cream. Inspired by the famous chocolates “Baci Perugina” it has quickly become a summer favorite. This is the Paleo version, made only of 4 ingredients, which gets remarkably close to the original.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Take the bananas out of the freezer about 10 minutes before starting the preparation.
- Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor or a coffee grinder, until reduced to a fine flour.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and mix well until smoothly blended
- At this point the consistency should be perfect for serving.
- The gelato can be re-frozen, but always take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving, or until desired softness is reached.
- Serve with whole hazelnuts as decoration.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.