Fruity Fireworks Tartlets
Delicious, beautiful, and easy to make. Who can say no to that? These tarts are dairy-free, grain-free, paleo, and extremely delicious! Imagine this: a mini pie filled with a rich custard, and topped with refreshing berries. Yum!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup raw Cashews
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Strawberries, for topping
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blueberries, for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the almond flour, sea salt, coconut oil, and the egg in a food processor, and pulse until mixture forms a ball.
- Using your fingers, press the dough into a Whoopie pie pan, or a mini tart pan. Note: I recommend pressing the dough slightly above the sides of the Whoopie pie cups, for easier removal. The dough should yield 6 mini tart crusts.
- Bake the crusts at 350F for 8-11 minutes, until slightly crispy around the edges.
- Let the tarts cool for 15 minutes, then remove them from the pan, and onto a plate.
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 15-20 minutes to soften them, then discard the water.
- Place the cashews, coconut milk, vanilla, honey, and lemon juice in a food processor, and pulse until a creamy consistency forms, and there are no lumps or chunks left. Note: it may take a few minutes of pulsing to get the creaminess to form, but be patient.
- Scoop the "cream" into a small bowl, and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place 1 dollop of the "cream" into each tartlet, top with the strawberries and blueberries, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.