Combining aspects of an omelet and a quiche, this versatile dish is wonderful with any vegetable pairing. Get creative with this one and explore new flavors to always keep your frittatas interesting.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sauté vegetables for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have softened.
- Remove vegetables from heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Stir vegetables into the eggs.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in the oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour frittata mixture into the skillet and slow cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Transfer frittata to the oven and cook for 12 minutes, or until the frittata has achieved a spongy firmness to the touch.
- Slice and serve with crumbled bacon on top, along with a dash of cracked pepper.
Great mix-ins for frittatas are ground beef or breakfast sausage. You could also add the bacon into the mixture before cooking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
7 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 10 minutes to 13 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel