Fresh and Flavorful Broccoli Salad
prep:1 hour and 15 minutes
ready in:1 hour and 15 minutes
I posted this recipe on my blog a few weeks before Thanksgiving last year, and it has far and away been the most accessed recipe on my site every day since. It's based on the Sunshine Broccoli Salad we used to get from the grocery store deli in a small Iowa town we lived in, though I imagine many delis have their own versions. I prefer my broccoli nice and crisp, but if you don't, you can blanch the broccoli in boiling water for a couple of minutes to soften it first. We prefer it with bacon (of course!), but if you are looking for a completely no-cook side dish, it's great with ham as well.
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Broccoli, florets
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, cooked and crumbled, or 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raisins, or dried cranberries
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Sunflower Seeds
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Onion, diced, optional
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Mayonnaise (click for recipe)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, or mape syrup
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place broccoli, bacon or ham, raisins, onions and sunflower seeds in a large bowl, add dressing and stir until all ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.