- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 133
- Total Fat: 8g
- Total Carbohydrate: 6g
- Protein: 9g
A classic French omelet is fried in butter, and served slightly undercooked, often filled with cheese. Our version, simply seasoned with fresh herbs and filled with ham, is a tasty way to bring a bit of French cooking into your home.
- Mince rosemary and chop thyme; set aside.
- Heat a nonstick (or well-oiled) skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl, and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet.
- Once melted, add eggs immediately.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over eggs, add salt and pepper to taste.
- After 1–2 minutes, add ham to center of the eggs.
- Once the edges begin to cook, fold each edge inward toward the center.
- Cook until desired firmness is achieved.
- Serve with a few slivers of ham on top, garnished with extra sprigs of rosemary and thyme.
A classic French omelet is served slightly undercooked. You may cook this omelet to your own liking.