Flaming Mango Chicken Wings
I am a chicken wing fanatic, and mango habanero is by far my favorite sauce to douse them in. I came up with this recipe last summer after our county fair, during which I splurged on some mango habanero wings and then worried the rest of the day about what might be in them. I used jalapenos, as we didn't grow habaneros last year, but you can use any variety you wish and adjust the quantity to suit your tastes.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
- 12 whole 12 whole 12 whole Chicken Wings, or 24 wing parts
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, clarified butter, or animal fat of choice
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Mango, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Onion, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, roasted; skin removed, seeded and diced
- 0.66 cup 0.66 cup 0.66 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- If your wings are whole, with a very sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut the wing tips off and separate each wing into two parts at the joint.
- Place wing parts skin-side down on a baking sheet (use a rack if you have one) and bake at 425 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through. Wings should be cooked through, and the skin should be golden brown.
- Heat oil/fat in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients but apple cider vinegar. Cook until softened and onions are turning translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, bring to a soft boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Let simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mango breaks apart easily.
- With an immersion blender or in a blender or food processor, puree sauce until completely smooth.
- Toss desired amount of sauce with chicken wings in a large bowl. Any remaining sauce can be served on the side for dipping or stored in the fridge.
- Optional: before serving, place the sauced wings back on baking sheet and put under broiler for a few minutes to caramelize the sauce.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
4 made this
Ready in 32 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes to 4 hours and 30 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 16 hours to 24 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel