Fish and Sweet Potato Curry
Made with Halibut or any other firm white fish, this hearty Asian curry comes together in 30 minutes. Note: Season the curry sparingly with salt to taste, as the broth should already be salty (depending on the brand you use).
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Halibut Filet, (or any other firm white fish such as cod, bass, hake, basa)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Spinach, preferably fresh
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Ginger Root, Fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Vegetable Broth, Organic
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Poblano Pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed (use only half for milder curry)
- 3 sprigs 3 sprigs 3 sprigs Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lime, cut into wedges
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, poblano pepper and curry and stir around for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, without burning.
- Add the sweet potato pieces and pour in the broth. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes until sweet potato is barely fork tender.
- Cut the fish filets into medium-sized pieces and season them with a little salt and pepper. Add to the stew, along with the coconut milk, and cook for 10 more minutes. Wash the spinach leaves and stir them in towards the end. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week