Fig and Date Breakfast Parfait
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Granulated Stevia
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dates (Medjool), Puree with water until it becomes a smooth paste
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Black Mission Figs, or Calimyra, stems discarded and slicecd
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Slivered Almonds
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey, or to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vanilla and sweetener (if using).
- In the bottom of a small bowl or glass, layer 1/4 cup of the yogurt, followed by half the date paste and another 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- Repeat in the other bowl/glass, using the remaining yogurt and date paste.
- Top each bowl or glass with sliced figs, fresh raspberries and chopped almonds, then drizzle with honey before serving.
You can buy taste paste at middle eastern supermarkets, or in the "ethnic foods" aisles of some major supermarkets, or you can make your own at home by pureeing 6-8 large pitted medjool dates in the blender or food processor with just enough water to create a smooth paste. You can make these the night before and store in the refrigerator overnight, covered tightly with plastic wrap, but they keep best without the honey, which should be added right before eating.