Eggplant Lamb Paleo Soup
Eggplant Lamb Paleo Soup is so smooth and flavorful, it will warm you up from the inside out. Plus it's easily adaptable to become Vegetarian and Vegan friendly.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggplant
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Lamb Shanks
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Free Range, Low Sodium) Chicken Broth (Organic
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Water
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic
- Sea Salt
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Sweet Potato
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Turmeric
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Whole Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Parsley, fresh, chopped
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prick eggplant all over with a fork, lay on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Melt coconut oil in a large deep pot over medium heat and brown lamb shank. (Be careful of splatter.)
- Once meat is browned on all sides add chicken broth, water, onion, garlic and pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the pan with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- Add potatoes, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric and cinnamon to the pan, stir well and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the meat off the bones and chop into bite-size pieces. Peel the eggplants and chop the flesh. Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Ladle the soup into a blender in batches and process until smooth or use a stick blender/immersion blender to process the soup until smooth. Add the eggplant and process the soup again with the immersion blender. If you enjoy the taste of eggplant, leave a few pieces unprocessed. If you\'re not a fan, blend until smooth.
- Return the puree to the pan (if using a blender). Ladle soup into a bowl, garnish with lamb and parsley, season to taste with salt & pepper and serve. Enjoy! :)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.