Eggplant Lamb Paleo Soup
Eggplant Lamb Paleo Soup is so smooth and flavorful, it will warm you up from the inside out. Plus it's easily adaptable to become Vegetarian and Vegan friendly.
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prick eggplant all over with a fork, lay on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Melt coconut oil in a large deep pot over medium heat and brown lamb shank. (Be careful of splatter.)
- Once meat is browned on all sides add chicken broth, water, onion, garlic and pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the pan with a slotted spoon and let cool.
- Add potatoes, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric and cinnamon to the pan, stir well and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, cut the meat off the bones and chop into bite-size pieces. Peel the eggplants and chop the flesh. Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly. Remove and discard the cinnamon stick. Ladle the soup into a blender in batches and process until smooth or use a stick blender/immersion blender to process the soup until smooth. Add the eggplant and process the soup again with the immersion blender. If you enjoy the taste of eggplant, leave a few pieces unprocessed. If you\'re not a fan, blend until smooth.
- Return the puree to the pan (if using a blender). Ladle soup into a bowl, garnish with lamb and parsley, season to taste with salt & pepper and serve. Enjoy! :)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
, Coconut Free
, Dairy Free
, Egg Free
, FODMAP Free
, Nightshade Free
, Nut Free
, Shellfish Free
, Specific Carbohydrate Diet
, Sugar Free
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
5 made this
Ready in 2 hours
8 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 30 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 24 hours to 48 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel