Easy Moroccan Spiced Carrots
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Baby Carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Garlic Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Cumin, or to taste; for best results, replace with 1 tsp ras el hanout spice mix
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns, (coarsely ground)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, measured packed
- Steam the carrots for 2-3 minutes, until they are slightly cooked but still crunchy. Remove and immediately transfer to an ice back (bowl of cold water with ice in it). This stops the cooking process so that the carrots remain crunchy and retain their color. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the remaining ingredients, except for the parsley. Adjust flavors to taste.
- Toss the carrots with the parsley to combine, then add the dressing and toss again until everything is thoroughly mixed and all of the carrots are coated.
Ras el hanout is available at specialty stores and online, but if you can't find it, you can replace it with cumin, chili powder or a mixture of the two, to taste. The flavor will not be quite as complex, but it will still be good.