Duck a l’Orange
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees, and place rack in the middle position.
- Place carrot, celery, and onion in the bottom of a large roasting pan or dutch oven.
- Rinse duck under cool water, being sure to rinse out the body cavity as well.
- Pat entire duck dry, including the body cavity.
- Rub duck with duck fat, inside and out.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over entire duck, including the body cavity.
- Rub duck with spice mixture.
- Place a few chunks of onion, celery, and carrot inside the duck, leaving room for the herbs and orange.
- Stuff duck with the fresh herbs, and half of the orange-cut into quarters.
- Place duck over the vegetables in the roasting pan, and roast for 30 minutes at 475.
- After 30 minutes, pour chicken stock and the juice of half the orange over the vegetables in the bottom of the pan, and turn oven down to 350.
- Roast duck until thermometer reads 170 in the thigh, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours more.
- Remove duck from oven, allow to rest for 15 minutes, carve, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
3 made this
Ready in 11 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 35 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel