Double Chocolate Tarts
This delicious and adorable dessert is perfect for Valentine's Day. Serve this as a special treat for your loved one, or at a party for guests.
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse (click for recipe), use entire recipe
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, melted
- 11 11 11 Organic Raspberries
- Dark Chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate, shaved, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place 12 mini tart pans on a baking sheet.
- In a mini chop blender, pulse 12 cookies, until they are in a fine meal.
- Add the melted palm shortening, and pulse again to combine.
- Pour the cookie meal into a mixing bowl.
- Carefully press the cookie meal into each tart pan, making sure they are coated in an even layer. You do not want any of the tart pans to be showing through the bottom.
- Once you have formed the crust in each tart pan, place the crusts in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Remove the crusts from the freezer, and remove the chocolate mousse from the refrigerator.
- Fill a piping bag with an open star tip with the chocolate mousse, and fill each crust with the mousse filling.
- Place the tarts in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tarts from the fridge, and carefully pop the tarts out of the pans, and place back on the backing sheet.
- Top each tart with a raspberry and grated chocolate shavings. Refrigerate until serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.