Dirty Chai Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
- 1.666 cup 1.666 cup 1.666 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Ginger
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Cardamom Seed, ground
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cloves
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Roasted Coffee Beans
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in the spices.
- Mix the coffee beans into the melted chocolate until the beans are evenly coated. Lay out a large sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper and drop each individual bean onto the paper as neatly as you can manage. Alternatively, you can drop a few beans at a time onto the paper to make clusters or line a large rimmed baking sheet with the paper and evenly spread the chocolate mixture over it. Allowing to dry and breaking it will make bark. These alternatives are quicker than doing individual beans.
- Allow the beans to dry before removing from the waxed paper. Garnish with extra cinnamon, if desired and store leftovers in an airtight container.
The caffeine content of 10 coffee beans is equivalent to the caffeine in approximately one cup of coffee so don't eat too many, especially if you are sensitive to caffeine. I over-ate them while taste testing and quickly felt the caffeine's effects!