Dark Chocolate Cake
- Serving Size: 1 cake
- Calories: 3308
- Total Fat: 222g
- Total Carbohydrate: 318g
- Protein: 17g
Birthdays come just once a year (for better or worse). This grain-free cake is a decadent way to celebrate growing a year older without fully going off the wagon. The chocolate ganache, which is kind of like a hard chocolate shell around the cake, brings an interesting texture to the cake.
- 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Oil, Organic, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, Organic, unsweetened
- 10 whole 10 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Hazelnut Frosting
- 1 cup 1 cup Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, combine sifted coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, or Kitchen Aid mixer, blend eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and blend.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Test center with a tooth pick—if the tooth pick comes out clean, then the cakes are done.
- Remove cakes from oven and cool.
- Frost the middle layer of the cake with hazelnut frosting.
- Frost the outside of the cake with chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting.
Our version of ganache tends to dry very fast. We recommend working with this quickly so that you have even coverage over the entire cake. Reheating the ganache during use is expected, and perfectly fine.