Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Delicious and creamy vanilla bean ice cream!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Put coconut milk, honey, and egg yolks into a small pot
- Carefully slice the vanilla bean down the middle with a paring knife, open the pod and scrape the insides into the pot
- Place pot on the stove over medium low heat, whisking constantly
- Heat until custard covers the back of the spoon. Stir in vanilla extract
- Pour into a bowl and cool in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight
- When chilled, place in ice cream maker and let it churn according to manufacturer's instructions (mine took about 20 minutes)
- Serve immediately for soft serve consistency or place in freezer to chill
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.