Curry Fried Fish
cook:5 minutes to 8 minutes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Dry fish with a towel.
- Pour (or spoon) coconut oil into deep fryer, heat to 350 degrees. Watch the fill line! We have a small version so it doesn’t take much – you can also strain and save your used oil in the freezer for next time. Alternatively, preheat 3/4″ of oil in a cast iron skillet to 350 degrees over high heat.
- Scramble egg yolks in a bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut and spices until well combined in a separate bowl.
- Coat both sides of filets with egg, then coat with the coconut mixture.
- Deep fry fish about five minutes until fully cooked and golden brown, transfer to towel or napkin lined plate; if pan frying, flip after 4 minutes and cook four minutes more.
- Serve with sauce of choice – a garlic aioli or tartar sauce with homemade mayo is recommended!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.