Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash soup is such a versatile dish to really explore with different spices and flavors. Change things up with this velvety, curried version. This soup is even better the next day - if there's any left over!
- 2 Tbsp for roasting squash, 2 tbsp for the soup2 Tbsp for roasting squash, 2 tbsp for the soup
- 2-3 lbs2-3 lbs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 clove 4 clove 4 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- or vegetable stock for a vegan optionor vegetable stock for a vegan option
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Curry Powder
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- to tasteto taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Peel & cube the squash. Coat with 2 Tablespoons of oil & season with salt. Place on a parchment covered baking sheet & roast for 45 minutes, turning the squash at least once during roasting, so they'll be well caramelized.
- Once finished, remove squash from the oven & set aside.
- In a cast iron pot, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil & sauté the onions. Once they are soft, add in the garlic & sauté until fragrant.
- Add the roasted squash, coconut milk & stock. With an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Add in the curry powder, ginger, lime juice & season with salt to taste.
- Serve in bowls & top with lime zest, a drizzle of coconut milk & cilantro leaves.
Optional: Top with lime zest or cilantro
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week