Cucumber Avocado Soup
- 11 whole 11 whole 11 whole Cucumber, about 11 lbs
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey, divided
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, seeded and peeled
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh Dill, chopped, more for garnish
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- Cut 5 cucumbers into 3-inch chunks. Place half of cucumber chunks and 2 tablespoons honey in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour pureed cucumber mixture through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a bowl. Repeat procedure with the remaining chunks. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Peel, seed, and thinly slice remaining 6 cucumbers; place slices in a bowl. Add vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons honey; toss well to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Place half of marinated cucumber slices, avocado, and 1 3/4 cups cucumber juice in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Pour cucumber mixture into a bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining cucumber slices and 1 3/4 cups cucumber juice; reserve any remaining juice for another use. Stir in chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Place 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls. Garnish with cracked black pepper and dill sprigs, if desired.
Three Beans on a String, adapted form Dan Barber.