Creamy Pumpkin Sage Soup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Vidalia Onion, sliced
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 6 cup 6 cup 6 cup Pumpkin Puree, (or other starchy squash)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Sage, measured tightly packed
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Salt, or to taste (omit if using stock with salt added)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Lemon Juice
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Granulated Garlic
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, preheat the olive oil, then add the onion and sautee until translucent.
- Add 2 cups chicken stock, pumpkin puree, sage, salt, pepper, chili powder, lemon juice, and garlic. Stir to combine, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the flavors combine and mellow a little bit.
- Carefully transfer the soup into a high speed blender and puree until completely smooth (make sure there are no pieces of sage leaf left!), adding an additional 1/2 - 1 cup stock as needed to keep the blender moving and thin the soup to your preference. Don't overload your blender; you may need to do this in a few batches.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference before serving.
Store leftovers, cooled completely, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to three months.