Creamy Crab Bisque
ready in:2 hours
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Bone Broth, chicken broth
- 7 oz 7 oz 7 oz Tomato Paste, we used Bionaturae brand
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 1 1 Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz Lump Crab Meat, We used two 16 ounce containers, but I think this soup is fine with one can
- 14.5 oz 14.5 oz 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, canned organic, or fresh
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour chicken bone broth into a large soup pot, heating over medium heat. Whisk the tomato paste into the broth, bring to a low bubble, and then turn down to simmer.
- In a large skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add the chopped onion to the skillet, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and continue to saute until the onion starts to turn translucent. Once the onion and garlic have softened a bit add the crab meat.
- Stir the crab into the onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- While the crab mixture is cooking, add the cream to the broth, and whisk to combine. Turn the heat up to medium-low.
- Once the crab mixture as cooked to combine all of the flavors for about 5 minutes, add the crab mixture to the broth using a slotted spoon to avoid getting excess liquid in the broth.
- Turn the heat up to medium/medium-high, so the soup can bubble. Stir the soup, while it bubble for about 5 minutes, then turn the soup down to simmer, and cover leaving the lid cracked.
- Simmer the soup for 1 hour, or up to 2 hours, stirring every so often, and then serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.