Creamy Crab Bisque
Serves: 8Serves: 8
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pour chicken bone broth into a large soup pot, heating over medium heat. Whisk the tomato paste into the broth, bring to a low bubble, and then turn down to simmer.
- In a large skillet, melt the ghee over medium heat. Add the chopped onion to the skillet, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and continue to saute until the onion starts to turn translucent. Once the onion and garlic have softened a bit add the crab meat.
- Stir the crab into the onion and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- While the crab mixture is cooking, add the cream to the broth, and whisk to combine. Turn the heat up to medium-low.
- Once the crab mixture as cooked to combine all of the flavors for about 5 minutes, add the crab mixture to the broth using a slotted spoon to avoid getting excess liquid in the broth.
- Turn the heat up to medium/medium-high, so the soup can bubble. Stir the soup, while it bubble for about 5 minutes, then turn the soup down to simmer, and cover leaving the lid cracked.
- Simmer the soup for 1 hour, or up to 2 hours, stirring every so often, and then serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
6 made this
Ready in 45 minutes to 55 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 6 hours to 8 hours
1 made this
Ready in 4 hours and 30 minutes to 6 hours and 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel