Creamy Cauli-Chicken Soup
This cauliflower chicken soup is full of veggies, healthy fat, and protein. It is easy to make and can be done in a bigger batch to store in your freezer for busy nights. This is perfect for a home cooked, hearty meal!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, white or yellow, diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Leek, chopped
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Celery, diced
- 3 cups 3 cups 3 cups Bone Broth, or Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp 2.5 tsp dried Thyme
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Parsley, dried
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Black Pepper, + additional to taste
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, or other cooking fat
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Chicken Breast, OPTIONAL
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- (Skip to Step 2 if not including chicken) Preheat oven to 350. Lightly dust with salt & pepper before placing in a glass baking dish. Add a small layer of broth into the dish. Then, place in oven for 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Melt 2-3 tbs of fat (coconut oil recommended) in large pot.
- Saute the leeks, onion and celery on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft/translucent.
- Add in cauliflower and garlic. Saute covered for 5 minutes.
- Mix in stock, coconut milk, thyme, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Your chicken should be done around now. Once it is cooked, remove from the heat and let it cool before dicing and setting aside.
- After the soup is finished simmering, use an immersion blender, food processor, or regular blender to cream.
- Return soup to pot and add in chicken. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Slice up green onions if using for garnish.
- Ladle, garnish and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.