Cream of Mushroom Soup
Forget canned cream of mushroom – this soup is thick and creamy, and also dairy-free. If you can tolerate dairy, you can substitute heavy cream for the coconut milk at a 1:1 ratio.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, coconut oil, or duck fat would also work
- 1 1 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 16 oz 16 oz 16 oz White Mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Thyme, leaves
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, full-fat
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Chicken Bone Broth
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion to the pot, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and the garlic to the pot, and continue to sauté until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Season with salt, pepper, and dried thyme leaves.
- Sauté the onion and mushrooms for 10 more minutes, and add the coconut milk.
- Bring the coconut milk to a bubbling boil, and add the Chicken Bone Broth.
- Stir the soup well, bringing it to a boil.
- Reduce the soup to a simmer, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.