Cream of Broccoli Soup
This soup is simple to make, and very comforting on chilly days! It can be easily made dairy-free by substituting the cream for coconut cream and nutritional yeast.
- 4 cups 4 cups 4 cups Broccoli, frozen florets, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Vidalia Onion, diced (about half a large onion)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, or coconut cream plus 1 tsp of nutritional yeast for dairy-free
- 6 cups 6 cups 6 cups free range, organic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, salt and pepper to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Allow the frozen broccoli florets to defrost enough so that you can chop them into bite size pieces.
- In a soup pot, warm the ghee over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, and saute until translucent.
- Season the onion with 2 teaspoons of Primal Palate Seafood Seasoning.
- Add the heavy cream, and stir to combine.
- Once the heavy cream starts to bubble, add the chicken stock, and stir to combine.
- Add the chopped broccoli to the soup, and stir to combine again.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Allow the soup to come to a boil, and then lower the heat just slightly until it's just lightly bubbling.
- Allow the soup to cook, uncovered until it reduces by about an inch.
- Turn the soup down to simmer, and then serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week