- 1.5 cups 1.5 cups 1.5 cups Cassava Flour, Sifted, I used Otto's Cassava Flour brand
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Tigernut Flour, blanched almond meal would work too
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Beef, Great Lakes brand Unflavored Gelatin, I use Great Lakes, red can. This is optional
- 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp 0.75 tsp Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, room temperature
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Coconut Oil, solid, but not cold, aprx 72F
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Pastured Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Grain-Free Granola (click for recipe)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, I like to use Enjoy Life or Lily's
- In a bowl, whisk or sift together: flours, salt, baking soda, gelatin & cream of tartar.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, using paddle attachment, mix shortening, coconut oil & coconut sugar until smooth.
- Once the fat & sugar mix is light brown & fluffy add in the eggs, one at a time.
- When the eggs are fully incorporated & the mix if frothy, add in vanilla extract & coconut milk.
- Next add in the flour mix 1/2 cup at a time until well incorporated. Don't over mix.
- Add in chocolate chips & granola. Once evenly incorporated turn off mixer.
- Refrigerate mix at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Use a 2oz scoop to shape 1 inch balls. Place them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Gently press down with back of spoon when they come out of the oven.
- Let them cool completely before handling.
- Give half of them to your neighbors so you don't eat them all 🙂
You can put 2 cups of whatever you want in these... chopped nuts & raisins, just chocolate chips, whichever kind of paleo granola you use... but I really loved the dried banana bits!