Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Roast
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 35
- Total Fat: 4g
- Total Carbohydrate: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Rib Eye Roast Beef Roast, boneless (about 4-5 pounds)
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp freshly ground Coffee, preferably organic
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, for cooking
- Preheat oven to 325C and place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Grind the coffee beans and peppercorns and mix with the salt and dried garlic to make the dry-rub. Rub the seasoning all over the Ribeye roast with your hands.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat for several minutes until very hot. Add the butter and let it melt, coating the whole bottom of the skillet. Carefully add the roast and brown for 1:30 minutes at a time on each side, using a pair of tongs to turn it. Do not move it other than to turn it.
- If using an oven-proof skillet, transfer the skillet directly to the oven. Otherwise, transfer the roast to a shallow pan previously heated in the oven (no deeper than 2 inches, so the heat circulates optimally). Roast the ribeye for 25 minutes per pound. For a 5 pound roast, you'll want to roast it for about 2:05 hours.
- Once done, remove roast from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and cover it loosely with a sheet of aluminium foil. Let rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing so as to allow for the juices to settle and redistribute.
In order to get a tender result, it’s important to leave the roast at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours before handling it. Placing a refrigerator-cold roast directly into the oven will make the meat fibers tense. Also important, let the roast rest for at least 20 minutes after cooking under a sheet of aluminium before cutting into, otherwise you will lose all the juices.