Coffee Cake Banana Bread
Say what?? I want to eat this all day. No seriously. I almost did yesterday.
Serves: 6Serves: 6
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Banana, brown, mashed (for the bread)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Grade B Maple Syrup, (for the bread)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, (for the bread)
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, (for the bread)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Almond Butter, or other nut/seed butter (for the bread)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Flour, (for the bread)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, (for the bread)
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Hain brand Baking Powder, (for the bread)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Cinnamon, 1 tsp for the bread, 1 tsp for the topping
- pinch pinch pinch Salt, (for the bread)
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, room temperature, or coconut oil (for the topping)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar, for the topping
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Blanched Almond Flour, for the topping
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Pecans, crushed, for the topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8.5×4.5 baking dish with oil then line the middle with parchment paper. It will make it easier to remove from the pan without it coming apart.
- In a large bowl, mix together bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, eggs, and almond butter.
- Then add coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, add butter, coconut sugar, almond flour, cinnamon, and pecans. Use your hands to mix the toppings together.
- Place chunks of the toppings all around the top of the banana bread mixture.
- Place in oven to bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and let rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
4 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 40 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel