Coconut macaroons bring a taste of the tropics to your dessert plate. With the addition of fresh vanilla bean to this recipe, you will enjoy a hint of vanilla in every bite of coconut.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Slice open vanilla bean pod from end to end.
- Pressing the bean pod flat against a cutting board, splayed open, run a knife from end to end, scraping out the vanilla beans.
- Place egg whites in a kitchen mixer and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the maple syrup, shredded coconut, and vanilla beans.
- Form into 1-inch balls, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the edges get crispy and golden.