Coconut Curry Mussels
An amazing combination of flavors! Coconut and curry mixed with roasted mussels. This beats any mussel recipe I have ever tried!
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Mussels, fresh, cleaned, scrubbed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), or coconut oil
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ginger Root, fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, make sure it isn't light
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spread the mussels in a large roasting pan. Put the butter in a small skillet over medium heat; when it foams, stir in the garlic, along with the ginger.
- When they soften a bit, add the curry powder, stirring constantly, and then some salt and pepper. As soon as you smell the spices, stir in the wine. Pour the mixture over the mussels and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast the mussels until some of them open, about 10 minutes. Now remove the pan from the oven, pour the coconut milk over everything, shake the pan gently, and return it to the oven.
- It will take another 5 to 10 minutes for the rest of the mussels to open and the liquid to begin to bubble. Once open, they're ready.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.