Clay Pot Rabbit
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse rabbit under cold water and set aside.
- If using whole strips of bacon, chop into bite size pieces.
- In a clay pot (or regular pot), brown the bacon on medium heat until all the pieces start to crisp.
- Add half of the chopped onion and whole garlic cloves to the pot and continue to cook until the onion browns slightly, then turn burnerdown to low.
- Place the rabbit on top of the onion, bacon, and garlic.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the remaining onion around the rabbit.
- Top with the fresh herbs, and pour in the broth.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low, flipping the rabbit after 4 hours.
- Remove the rabbit from the pot, remove the meat and discard the bones, and place meat back into pot.
- Serve and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 20 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 24 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel