Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
These cute and festive cookies are a fun little treat to make, especially during fall. The cinnamon and sugar swirl not only enhances the flavor, but also makes the cookies totally adorable.
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 3/4 cup 1 3/4 cup 1 3/4 cup Tapioca Starch, reserve 1/4 cup of it for dusting
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Maple Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 2 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil, softened
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Blend
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, 1 1/2 cups tapioca starch, the salt, baking powder, and maple sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the flour mixture, and blend using a hand mixer.
- Add the softened coconut oil, and continue to blend with the hand mixer until a dough starts to form.
- Once you've created a dough-like texture, start kneading any remaining flour mixture on the bottom of the bowl into the dough with your hands.
- Continue to knead the dough until it is nicely formed. Dust the dough with a touch of extra tapioca if needed.
- Place a large sheet of parchment down on a flat surface to roll out the dough, and dust lightly with tapioca starch.
- Divide the dough, and place half onto the parchment. Place another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, and roll the dough out to 1/4" uniform thickness as near to a rectangle as possible. (For the remaining steps, you can work with half of the dough then repeat all steps, or work both halves of dough in tandem).
- Liberally dust the cookie dough with Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie mixture.
- Carefully roll the dough onto itself, starting from one end, curling it as you go with your hands.
- Once you have a rolled log of dough, slice the dough into 3/4" sections using dental floss.
- Place each section of dough onto your parchment lined backing sheet, and lightly press each cookie down using the palm of your hand to flatten them into cookies. You can gently form the sides into more of a circle if needed or desired. This dough should not be sticking to your hands, but if it is, you can lightly grease your palms with some coconut oil to prevent it from sticking to you.
- Bake the first batch of cookies for 12 minutes. Repeat the process with the other half of the dough for your second batch.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.