Chorizo Beef Tongue
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place beef tongue in a crock pot, pour over 1-2 cups of water, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove from crock pot, and carefully removed the thick skin from the tongue (it helps to use a fork).
- Using two forks, shred the beef tongue.
- Place shredded tongue into a cast iron skillet and turn on to medium heat.
- Combine all spices in a small mixing bowl. (Save extra in a small bag or empty jar.)
- Pour chorizo spice over meat and stir until seasoned equally.
- Add water or left over broth from the crock pot as needed to help mobilize the spices, a little goes a long way.
- Start with a quarter cup of liquid and stir.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
6 made this
Ready in 28 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 1 week, plus 2 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel