Chorizo Beef Tongue
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place beef tongue in a crock pot, pour over 1-2 cups of water, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove from crock pot, and carefully removed the thick skin from the tongue (it helps to use a fork).
- Using two forks, shred the beef tongue.
- Place shredded tongue into a cast iron skillet and turn on to medium heat.
- Combine all spices in a small mixing bowl. (Save extra in a small bag or empty jar.)
- Pour chorizo spice over meat and stir until seasoned equally.
- Add water or left over broth from the crock pot as needed to help mobilize the spices, a little goes a long way.
- Start with a quarter cup of liquid and stir.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.