Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 297
- Total Fat: 19g
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g
- Protein: 4g
Who knew avocado could make such a delicious frosting? We did! This simple frosting made from avocado is the perfect guilt-free cupcake topping. You can also enjoy this frosting on its own as a pudding. Delish!
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend coconut flour, eggs, palm shortening, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder with a hand mixer.
- Place muffin papers into the tray.
- Fill each muffin cups with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and top with mocha avocado frosting.
Avocados naturally darken in color when exposed to air. This frosting, although already dark in color from the cocoa, will darken as well. Be sure to stir before use to ensure even coloring before “icing” the cakes. View the frosting recipe here: http://beta.primal-palate.com/recipe/avocado-mocha-frosting/