Chocolate Dipped Funfetti Macaroons
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup shredded Coconut, unsweetened
- .33 cup .33 cup .33 cup Coconut Sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Egg Whites
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, and 1/2 cup multicolored sprinkles + more for garnish (naturally-dyed if possible)
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick pad or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the coconut, sweetener, salt and jimmies, then add the egg and stir until thoroughly combined. Keep stirring until the eggs have coated all of the coconut and jimmies.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to divide the dough into 2-Tablespoon balls and press down slightly to adhere. The cookies will not spread, so you can put them close together (about 1" apart) and fit them all onto one large baking sheet.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until set and slightly golden.
- Cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate chips and dunk each one in the melted chocolate. Use a butter knife to smooth the chocolate and remove the excess. Return to the cooling rack, chocolate side up, and garnish with more sprinkles. Allow chocolate to cool and set completely before serving.
Yield: 18 cookies Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If your house is too warm for the chocolate to stay solid, store in the fridge, and bring back to room temperature before serving.