Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Serves: 1 pint
- Calories: 1797
- Total Fat: 98g
- Total Carbohydrate: 229g
- Protein: 0g
My sister’s favorite ice cream flavor has always been chocolate chip cookie dough. This flavor was often to be found in our freezer growing up. We knew this recipe was a winner when my sister quipped, after tasting it, that she’d like to be paid “in cookie dough.”
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- Make chocolate chip cookie dough and freeze until use.
- Combine coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and egg yolks in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a low boil while whisking.
- Let cool.
- Strain mixture into a medium mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place mixture in an ice cream maker, and run until the desired consistency is reached.
- Upon removing from ice cream maker, remove cookie dough from freezer and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Stir chunks of cookie dough into the ice cream.
Remove ice cream from ice cream maker immediately to avoid having it freeze to the container walls. Store in a freezer until the last portion is enjoyed.