Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup shredded Coconut
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Coconut Milk, full-fat
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, mini
- 3.5 oz 3.5 oz 3.5 oz Dark Chocolate, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shredded coconut, honey, applesauce, milk, oil, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of batter with a scoop and pack it together very tightly. Place the cookies on the baking sheet and cook for 20-25 minutes. The bottoms should be browned and the top starting to.
- Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes and place on a cooling rack. Let them cool completely before eating them. A minimum of one hour.
- Once the macaroons have cooled melt the dark chocolate in a bowl and dip the bottom of the macaroons. Place them head down and allow the chocolate to harden. Store in the refrigerator.
If your batter is not sticking and can not pack together tightly then add some more coconut oil. If that doesn’t help then add more applesauce. You must let this cool before trying to do much with them. They are fragile and can fall apart easily if moved while hot.