Chocolate Apple Walnut Cake
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Granny Smith Apple, peeled and grated
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Organic Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Pastured Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch 365 Organic Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and grate apples.
- Add shredded apples, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, oil, baking soda and apple cider vinegar to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined with apples.
- Mix in eggs.
- Pour mixture/dough into 9x9 square glass pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top with 2 tbsp chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, make sure it's cooked all the way through by inserting a toothpick or fork into the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's done. If not, continue baking for 5 minute increments until toothpick comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, let sit on counter to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top (optional) and eat up!
This recipe is not very sweet, so if you're looking for something a little more indulgent, I recommend adding 2-3 tablespoons of honey to the ingredients.