Chocolate Almond & Hazelnut Bliss Bites
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, Raw, unsalted
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Hazelnut, Raw, skinless + extra for coating - optional
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Dates (Medjool)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder, + extra for coating - optional
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Espresso Powder, (optional – please note you can’t actually taste the espresso I find it just really helps to enhance and intensify the flavor of the chocolate/cacao)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- Place almonds and hazelnuts into your food processor/blender and pulse until crumbly, you want there to still be a few bigger chunks to give the bites some nice texture.
- Add dates and process until the mixture starts to come together into a sticky, loose "dough".
- Add cacao, espresso (if using), vanilla extract, and salt then process again until combined.
- Using your hands, roll approx 1 small Tablespoons worth of dough into bite size balls then set asideu20286 u2013 If you are going to coat your bliss bites in cacao, or crushed hazelnuts simply place your cacao, and/or crushed hazelnuts into a small bowl or zip lock bag and gentle press/shake until nicely coated. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If you find your dates are a little dry you could try soaking them in some warm water for 10 mins before you begin, then drain and rinse and make as normal. - If you are unable to get skinless hazelnuts simply roast them on a separate tray and once they are roasted, place on a clean dry hand towel and fold it in half. Rub it gently between your hands and the skins should come loose. Once the hazelnuts have shed their skins, discard the skins and proceed with the recipe as normal.