Chili Lime Pork Medallions
ready in:20 minutes
From the book Make Ahead Paleo by Tammy Credicott, this recipe cooks up in a single pan all while tasting like you put a lot of effort into it. From prep to plate in about 20 minutes, these tangy pork medallions pair well with a simple salad topped with a citrus dressing.
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Pork Loin, (Tenderloin) Sliced into 3/4-inch thick medallions
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 1 1 Lime, Zest
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1 1 Shallot, Minced
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 3/4 tsp 3/4 tsp 3/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the pork medallions in a 1-gallon zip-top bag. Remove the air, and sea the bag.
- In a food processor, puree the sauce ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper into the bag with the pork medallions. Press the pork around in the bag with your hands to spread the salt and pepper.
- In a skillet set to medium heat, heat the coconut oil. Place the pork in the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes or until it has browned on one side. Turn the pork over, and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side has browned.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Serve the pork with the sauce spooned over the top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.