Chicken Long Rice Japchae
Serves: 6-8Serves: 6-8
- 6-8 6-8 6-8 skin on Chicken Thigh, skinless
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup free range, organic, Chicken Stock, for the chicken
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Water, for the chicken
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, for the chicken
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp White Pepper, for the chicken
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Sweet Potato Noodles, Dangmyeon
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil, for the noodles
- 1/2 head 1/2 head 1/2 head Napa (Wong Bak) Cabbage, cut into 1/2
- 2 2 2 Raw Carrot, julienned
- 3 3 3 Green Onion, stalks, cut into 1
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Black mushrooms, dried (shitake are okay too)
- 4 clove 4 clove 4 clove Garlic, minced, for the veggies
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil, for the veggies
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Wakame Seaweed, dried, for the seasonings
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Nanami Togarashi, for the seasonings
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Coconut Aminos, or wheat-free tamari, for the seasonings
- Salt and Pepper, to taste, for the seasonings, for the seasonings
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, for the seasonings
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Soak the mushrooms in cold water for 30 minutes to rehydrate them.
- As the mushrooms are soaking, prepare the rest of the dish.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, bring the water and chicken broth to a simmer on medium heat, then add the chicken pieces, salt, and white pepper. Simmer, uncovered, until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep the veggies and cook the noodles.
- Boil the noodles for five minutes. Drain and rinse with water. Add 1/2 tsp of sesame oil to teh cold noodles to keep them from sticking together.
- In a wok, warm the coconut oil on med heat, then add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the carrots and sauté for another 30 seconds, until softened.
- Add the cabbage and mushrooms to the wok, sautéing for another minute or so, then add the green onions and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the sautéed veggies, noodles, wakame seaweed, togarashi, and coconut aminos to the skillet of cooked chicken/broth. Simmer everything together for a couple minutes, until the wakame seaweed has rehydrated. Add salt and pepper to taste (and togarashi if you’d like to make it a little spicier). Lastly, sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
9 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
1 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel