Perfectly seasoned, pan seared, succulent juicy chicken is topped with a light, fresh tomato & basil bruschetta mix. A light fresh, quick and easy, delicious, nutritious, seriously flavorsome, healthy, homemade dinner recipe that the whole family will love and, you can get on the table in well under 30 minutes.
- 250 gram 250 gram 250 gram Skinless Chicken Breast, (8 ounces) Season with salt and pepper to taste before cookingCould sub boneless chicken thighs if you prefer
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, more or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cherry Tomato, finely chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup fresh Basil, or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- For the Chicken –
- Place chicken onto a piece of parchment paper, season both side with salt and pepper and give it a little pounding with a rolling pin (or implement of choice) to slightly tenderize, flatten out and ensure a thinner and more uniform thickness overall which will result in a quicker and more even cooking.
- Place a large skillet or fry pan over medium heat, add a your coconut (or olive oil/ bacon fat or ghee/cooking oil of choice) and cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside to rest while you make your bruschetta mix.
- To make the bruschetta –
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- FYI – It’s fine to make your bruschetta mix ahead of time just don’t add the lemon juice until a few minutes before you are ready to serve as the acidity from can cause the tomato to break down a little after a few hours 😉
- To serve –
- Simply place a couple of heaping spoonfuls of your bruschetta mix on top of your chicken and serve with a simple salad or your veg of choice.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.