Chestnut Crusted Squash Bites
ready in:35 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 5
- Calories: 76
- Total Fat: 7g
- Total Carbohydrate: 11g
- Protein: 1g
Chestnut flour and butternut squash combine to make a tasty side dish.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or tin foil, or just use a plain cookie sheet. it doesn't matter much).
- Peel the butternut squash.
- Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into small cubes.
- Put the squash in a big bowl.
- Melt the ghee or butter in the microwave (or on the stovetop if you're against microwaves).
- Pour the melted ghee over the squash and stir it to coat the squash with ghee.
- Mix in the chestnut (or almond) flour and cinnamon so that the pieces of squash are coated pretty evenly.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes (Depending on how crispy you want them to get, you could leave them in a little longer. I like my food kind of burnt so I cook them for about 30 minutes). Enjoy!
These taste especially good dipped in some paleo mayo!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.